Robert O. Bauer Jr.
Rob started his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney in Pinellas and Pasco County, Florida, in January 1973. In 1975 he formed his own firm specializing in Criminal Defense exclusively. He became Board Certified in Criminal Trial practice in 1990. Since 1975 he has successfully represented hundreds of citizens charged with crimes ranging from homicide to misdemeanor offenses. He has served as a member of State and Local Bar Committees and Local Charity Organizations.
Rob has represented clients who have received national notoriety, including those covered by Court TV. He has been lead counsel for clients throughout Florida, Virginia and California.
Rob is available for consultation on any criminal matter, and is experienced in working with Immigration Attorneys for clients who are not currently U.S. Citizens.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense; DUI; Drug Crimes; White Collar Crime; Violent Crimes
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Criminal Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Florida, 1972
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1972
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1972
- Washington & Lee University, Lexington, VA
- B.S. - 1969
- Honors: With Special Attainments in Commerce
- Major: Business
- South Trust Bank
Honors and Awards
- Named By Tampa Bay Magazine as one of Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers in Criminal Defense, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Clearwater Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Criminal Law Section; Grievance Committee, Member, 1989 - 1990
- The Florida Bar, Criminal Law Certification Committee, Member, 1995 - 1997
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Florida Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Criminal Defense Lawyers of Pinellas County, Member
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyer Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- State Attorneys Office, Sixth Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, 1973 - 1975
- Omega Delta Kappa
- Phi Delta Phi