Ronnie G. Crider
RONNIE G. CRIDER, STATE OF FLORIDA BOARD CERTIFIED CRIMINAL TRIAL ATTORNEY
Ronnie Crider started his career in Criminal Law over 35 years ago as a Pinellas County Deputy Sheriff. In 1975, Ronnie was certified to operate one of the first breath testing devices used by law enforcement, the Breathalyzer 900. After leaving the Sheriff's Department, Ronnie attended Stetson University College of Law and upon graduation was appointed an Assistant State Attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida. Beginning in 1981, Ronnie was responsible for all Vehicular Homicide and DUI Manslaughter prosecutions occurring in North Pinellas County . Ronnie attended the Northwestern University Institute for Police Traffic Management for three consecutive years and also attended the Indiana University Robert F. Borkenstein Course on Alcohol and Highway Safety; Testing Research and Litigation Program, a highly esteemed course taught by the inventor of the first breathalyzer machine.
In 1983, Ronnie left the State Attorney's Office and began his successful Criminal Law Practice. He was among the first one hundred criminal attorneys in the State of Florida to achieve Criminal Trial Law Board Certification , a distinction held by fewer than 1% of all Florida attorneys, which he achieved in 1988.
Ronnie has been active in numerous professional associations serving as an Officer, Director, and President of the Clearwater Bar Association. He has also served as Treasurer, Vice President, and President of the Florida Bar Council of Bar Association Presidents. Additionally, he has served three, three-year terms on a Florida Bar Attorney Grievance Committee and was Chairman for two of these terms. Ronnie also served on the Florida Bar Criminal Law Certification Committee for three years and was Chairman during this third year. He has also taught law classes at St. Petersburg College .
During the past 26 years, Ronnie has exclusively represented those charged with both Felony and Misdemeanor Criminal Law violations. He has handled cases from Traffic Infractions to First Degree Murder and is highly qualified to defend any criminal charge. He has defended many high profile cases including one of the first Prozac drug-defense cases, which was one of the first fully televised trials on Court TV.
Specific areas of Ronnie Crider's Criminal Law Practice include:
-DUI/BUI; DUI Manslaughter/DWI/Impaired Driving/Reckless Driving
-Traffic Offenses; Leaving Scene of Accident, Driving While License Suspended
-Drug Charges: Sale and Possession of Marijuana/Cocaine/Heroin/Alprazolam (Xanax)/Zoloft/Quaaludes/Ketamine/Methadone/Oxycontin
-Violation of Probation
-Assault & Battery
-Weapons/Fire Arm Charges
-Sex Offenses including Solicitation, Molestation, Lewd and Lascivious Conduct, Crimes involving Minors
-Robbery & Burglary
-Sealing and Expunging Records
-Juvenile Crimes, including Under Age Drinking
-White Collar Crimes
-Litigation & Complex Litigation
-Federal Trial Practice/Multi-district Litigation
-State Appellate Practice/State Trial Practice
-Business Fraud & Theft
-Grand Jury Proceedings
-Federal and International Criminal Defense
-Defense of Statewide Prosecution Cases
Ronnie has been the lead trial attorney in over 200 jury trials and has represented thousands of clients throughout the State of Florida including Key West, Miami, Jacksonville, Arcadia, Bradenton, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Naples, Marathon, Orlando, Sanford, Gainesville, Pensacola, Tallahassee, Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach. He is an instrument-rated private pilot who owns his own airplane, facilitating travel to any venue statewide.
Among Ronnie's numerous accolades and awards are the Florida Association of State Trooper's Spirit of the Trooper Award and the Pinellas County Criminal Defense Attorney's Silver Bullet Award.
In 1989, Ronnie, along with Rob Bauer, founded the firm of Bauer and Crider, which has grown to become Bauer, Crider, Pellegrino and Parry, with offices in three counties. The strength of his counsel is supported by a unique group of professionals in his office which cumulatively represent over 128 years of practice including five criminal practice attorneys, a private investigator, and four paralegal professionals committed to representing your confidential and individual case.
Call us toll free to set up your free confidential consultation at 1-866-387-8952
Ronnie Crider has offices in Tampa, Clearwater, and New Port Richey, and represents clients throughout the State of Florida, with an emphasis in the Tampa Bay Area including: Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Bradenton, Temple Terrace, Plant City, New Tampa, Wesley Chapel, Dade City, Lakeland, Sarasota, Brandon, Brooksville, Riverview, Palm Harbor, New Port Richey, and Tarpon Springs.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic Violations
Certified Legal Specialties
- Criminal Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Florida, 1979
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1984
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- J.D. - 1979
- University of South Florida
- B.A. - 1974
Honors and Awards
- Avvo.com- Superb Lawyer Designation, Highest Rating
- Named By Tampa Bay Magazine as one of Tampa Bay's Top Lawyers in Criminal Defense, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Clearwater Bar Association, Member, 1985 - 1987
- Clearwater Bar Association, President, 1989 - 1990
- Clearwater Bar Association, Criminal Law Section, Board of Directors, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Criminal Law Certification Committee, Chair, 1988 - 1994
- The Florida Bar, Member, 1995 - 1996
- The Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, Chairman, 1996 - 1997
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Pinellas County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents, Treasurer, 1990 - 1991
- Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents, Vice-President, 1991 - 1992
- Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents, President, 1992 - 1993
Past Employment Positions
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Department, Deputy Sheriff, 1974 - 1977
- Sixth Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, 1979 - 1983
- U. S. Navy, 1967 - 1971