Michael D. Kenny
March 19, 1978~May 16, 2021
It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Michael Kenny of Palm Harbor, Florida, who passed away on May 16, 2021, at the age of 43. Michael is survived by his wife Tamara Carlson-Kenny; his son Liam Kenny; his parents, Denis and Helena Kenny; and his brother Joseph Kenny. He was also cherished by two nieces and two nephews.
Michael grew up in Tarpon Springs, attended Tarpon Springs High School, the University of South Florida, and graduated Cum Laude from Stetson University College of Law. Upon receiving his law degree, Michael was also the recipient of the prestigious Victor O. Wehle Trial Advocacy Award.
As a member of Stetson University’s Mock Trial Team, Michael honed his advocacy skills while excelling academically. His success in school led to a clerkship at the Florida State Supreme Court.
Michael was a truly gifted advocate. As an Assistant State Attorney in the 6th Circuit, he prosecuted crimes on behalf of the people of Pinellas and Pasco Counties. Over the last 12 years, Michael took his career to new heights as an attorney, and subsequently was made partner at the Firm. Mike was always a gentleman but was also a fierce advocate in the courtroom.
He was a devoted husband and father, a loving son and brother, and a loyal friend.
Mike had a personal relationship with Jesus that he nurtured as a child and that stayed with him all of the days of his life.
He will be missed by all who knew him.
- Misdemeanor DUIs
- First-degree murder death penalty cases
- Sex crimes
- Drug crimes
- Collecting Experience Through Law School
- Florida, 2003
- Jury delivers mixed verdict in trial of former New Port Richey police officer | Tampa Bay Times
- Nohejl found guilty – Hernando Today | Hernando Today
- Ex-cop’s drug trial begins – Hernando Today | Hernando Today
- State drops charges against 2 in major pill mill case | Tampa Bay Times
- J.D. , Stetson University College of Law, 2003
- B.A., University of South Florida, 2000
- Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer