For more than five years, Michael D. Kenny served as a prosecutor in Pasco County at the Pinellas/Pasco State Attorney’s Office. During his time as an Assistant State Attorney, he prosecuted crimes involving:
- Misdemeanor DUIs
- First-degree murder death penalty cases
- Sex crimes
- Drug crimes
His time at the State Attorney’s office granted him the benefit of understanding how a prosecutor views a case, which can be very useful in defending clients facing criminal charges.
Collecting Experience Through Law School
While in law school, he was a member of Stetsons nationally recognized Trial Team where he competed in trial competitions throughout the country. His passion for trial quickly converted during his career as a prosecutor, where he developed a reputation of skillfully and fiercely trying all manner of cases. He also interned at the Florida Supreme Court during his period in law school, which assisted in a better understanding of appellate procedure and post-conviction motions.
- Jury delivers mixed verdict in trial of former New Port Richey police officer | Tampa Bay Times
- Nohejl found guilty - Hernando Today | Hernando Today
- Ex-cop's drug trial begins - Hernando Today | Hernando Today
- State drops charges against 2 in major pill mill case | Tampa Bay Times
- J.D. , Stetson University College of Law, 2003
- B.A., University of South Florida, 2000
- Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer