Florida Felony DUI Defense
Clearwater Felony DUI Defense Attorneys
Your driving under the influence (DUI) charge can be escalated to a felony DUI charge given specific circumstances. As with any felony case, both the tenacity of the prosecution and the penalties upon conviction will increase. In Florida, felony DUI sentencing could include jail time in excess of a year, high fines, a lengthy suspension of your driver’s license, mandatory community service and driving safety courses, and much more.
To help protect yourself from the harsh consequences of a felony DUI conviction, you can stand behind the legal knowledge and abilities of Bauer Crider Kenny & Parry and our criminal defense lawyers in Clearwater. We have built a reputation for excellence, standing up for our clients through thick and thin, and doing everything in our power to secure a positive case outcome.
Reasons people choose to work with our DUI defense team:
- We have 100+ years of combined trial experience.
- Attorneys Parry and Kenny are Board Certified in criminal trial law.
- Our history of successful case results is extensive.
- Client testimonials give us high praise.
You can contact us 24/7/365 to begin working on your felony DUI defense case.
How a DUI Charge Becomes a Felony
In Florida, there are a few different scenarios in which a DUI charge can be escalated to a felony DUI. No matter the reason why the misdemeanor is up-charged, the result is always the same: more severe penalties if convicted.
Four circumstances can warrant a felony DUI charge:
- Someone is seriously injured as a result of the drunk driver’s actions.
- Someone is killed due to the drunk driver’s actions.
- The drunk driver’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level is recorded at an excessively high amount (often 0.15 and above) during arrest having previously convicted of 3 DUIs at any time.
- Drunk driver has at least three other DUI arrests on their record within 10 years
Hard-Hitting Defense for Your Felony DUI Case
At Bauer Crider Kenny & Parry, we do not pull any punches when it comes to defending our clients. If there is a weak point in the prosecution’s case, you can be certain that our Clearwater DUI attorneys will jump at the chance to exploit it. Our top priority is securing a case dismissal, winning a not guilty verdict, or reducing your charges to minimize penalties.
Connect with us today. We have offices in Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and Trinity.
Recent Case ResultsWe Just Don't Talk About It, We Deliver
2 counts Aggravated Assault with a Firearm Penalty Reduced
2 Counts First Degree Murder Not Guilty
2 Counts Lewd and Lascivious Battery and Sexual Battery Not Guilty
2 Counts of Aggravated Assault Case Dismissed
20 Counts Of Possession Of Child Pornography Case Dismissed
Aggravated Child Abuse Not Guilty
Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child Case Dismissed
Battery By Strangulation Case Dismissed
Cocaine Trafficking Not Guilty
Drug Trafficking Case Dismissed